We can help you get these items together to ensure that your pet is comfortable for the duration of their trip. If your pet is an anxious traveler, we can make suggestions as to different methods that might make your pet more comfortable. If your pet is sick, elderly, or temperamental, we may recommend that you seek out a pet sitter or have your pet board with us instead of traveling together. Ultimately, we want to help you and your pet make the most of your travels.
Do you have questions or concerns about traveling with your pet? Please contact us online to get help today.
“Their care of him and us was kind and compassionate. When we adopted our beloved hound dog about a year later, we chose WVG for her medical care and we have been thrilled with that decision.”Rev. Paula T.
“The veterinarians are very knowledgeable and explain things with great detail and are caring. The staff is awesome as well.”Susan V.
“Dr. Hubbard was AMAZING! She went over diagnostic options and answered all our questions. She helped me really understand what was going on with my baby and what the best course of action was for our baby. She was genuinely a very caring doctor and person.”Vicky H.
“During COVID one of my dogs who is a senior dog got really sick diagnosis unknown however the doctor who treated her figured out the possible issue and 3 years later healthy as ever.”Xiomara S.
“Great doctors all around. In particular, they are great about communicating with each other - so I can see any of the great doctors and they know what has been going on (which makes scheduling appointments a breeze as they're all good choices!)”Melissa B.
If traveling with your pet seems daunting, you are not alone! The logistics of making sure both you and your pet are ready for that trip can be complicated and overwhelming. Our team is here to help you navigate the legal requirements for your travel, as well as the logistics for ensuring your pet is able to travel safely and comfortably.
To properly travel with your pet, you will need to bring these items with you:
- Identification for your pet, including a current color photograph and your pet’s ID tag with your name, address, and phone number.
- You might also consider a special travel ID tag that includes your local contact information.
- Your pet’s medical records, which should include pre-existing conditions and any medications that your pet is currently taking.
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection, which we can provide for you, that includes proof of vaccinations and a statement that indicates your pet is not showing signs of diseases.
- Some airlines may require an acclimation certificate; check your airline’s specific requirements.
Items for your pet to keep them healthy and comfortable, including:
- Any prescribed medications
- Collar, leash, and/or harness
- Crate with a bed and/or blankets
- Food, water, and the dishes to go with them
- A first aid kit for your pet
- A list of local veterinarians and 24-hour emergency care
Union offers 24-hours emergency and critical care (Thursday - Sunday), onsite diagnostic, hospitalized care (including ICU & Isolation), specialty referral consultations, exotic appointments, wellness and preventive services, surgery, dentistry, and goodbye services. The clinic has caring veterinarians that will provide the best possible care to every pet.
Westfield offers wellness + preventive services, diagnostics, surgery, dentistry, rehabilitation, and goodbye services. 99% of the time we will fit you in the same day. The clinic has a large + diverse amount of services and caring veterinarians that will provide the best possible care to every pet.