- View Larger Image
When your pet is sick, time is of the essence. It’s not always immediately obvious what might be wrong, so veterinarians rely on tools and techniques to help diagnose the problem. Here at Westfield Veterinary Group, we pride ourselves on having access to sophisticated equipment that can help us quickly uncover clues about your pet’s ailment that can lead us to an accurate and ultimately successful treatment.
Our onsite diagnostic capabilities and laboratory tests include:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): To analyze the numbers and appearance of blood cells
- Fecal flotation: Can help detect the presence of internal parasites or worms
- Urinalysis: Can detect signs of liver or kidney problems
- Heartworm testing: A blood test that looks for certain proteins released by heartworms
- Senior screening panel: A series of blood tests – CBC, urinalysis, thyroid hormone testing and biochemistry profile – that are typically used to detect early signs of disease in pets that have reached senior age (generally 5-7 in dogs, depending on breed, and 10 in cats)
- Preanesthetic blood test: Before any procedure requiring anesthesia, we will perform a blood test to detect any diseases that might require adjustments to anesthesia, changes in monitoring and/or how much intravenous fluid the pet may during the procedure.
- Digital X-ray: Essential for examining bones, joints, and organs, particularly in the chest and abdomen
- Dental X-ray: Extremely helpful in revealing signs of dental disease or oral concerns below the gum line, as well as within the teeth themselves
If you have any questions about diagnostic testing or would like to schedule a consultation, call us at (844) 937-4424.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!