- View Larger Image
We don’t want to leave our pets out of the festivities, however. Here’s a great recipe that allows them to enjoy the holiday spirit too!
Sweet Potato Cookies – courtesy of Petplan
Feed something sweet without all the sugar; a boost of beta-carotene and punch of potassium make these cookies a healthy coda to Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1 large cooked sweet potato
- 1 banana
- ½ c. quinoa flour
- ½ Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the sweet potato and banana until well blended.
- Add the vegetable oil, then mix in the quinoa flour.
- Drop dough by the teaspoon onto a non-stick baking sheet and lightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool before serving.
Yields: 8 servings – Calories per cookie: 14.4
Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamins A and C and contain antioxidants that help prevent cancer and fight the effects of aging.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!